Tuesday 1 October 2013

First run, done.

So, with my training plan in place, today was the first day of running on the plan, and so off I set during my lunch break for a nice gentle 3 mile run. I struggled round it in about 30 minutes, but it was a run, and it got my legs back in the habit of going one foot in front of another. This little lunchtime run will become my staple leading up to Christmas, and will get me back into the habit of running, and the mentality of keeping a steady pace.

As an added bonus, my friend and colleague Michael has agreed to join me on these lunchtime runs so that should keep me motivated not to flake out if the weathers a bit dodgy, or I can't be bothered.

Legs not feeling it too much tonight which is a bonus.

Tomorrow, assuming I get home before it gets dark, I'll have the dog for company for an evening 3 miler. I've not broken the news to the dog yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment