Friday 14 February 2014

Every run's a school run


I ran over 17 miles today (in horrendous weather conditions), which gave me plenty of time to reflect on my training, here are just a few of the things I have learnt so far:


  • Running gloves are worth their weight in gold.
  • Rain is annoying, but wind is much much worse.
  • Marathon training is incredibly time consuming, and not just the weekend long runs.
  • My clothes are all mysteriously getting slightly bigger and looser.

  • Dogs aren't great pacemakers.
  • Rest days are the best days of all.
  • The fuel you eat makes a massive difference to how you run
  • Orange shoes are the fastest of all shoes.
  • Nipples hurt when they bleed.
  • I will sing-a-along, air guitar, and air drum to pretty much anything.

  • I know all the words to Agadoo.
  • Running downhill is scant consolation for the effort put in to get to the top of it in the first place.
  • When you stomp through an especially deep puddle, your shoe will squelch funny for at least 10 strides.
  • Getting pelted by an all encompassing wall of splashed up puddle water, caused by an ignorant twonk in a sports car makes very little actual difference when you've already been running in heavy rain for two hours.
  • No-one cares about your training progress as much as you do, so try to talk about other things occasionally.



No comments:

Post a Comment